The Centre works in partnership with midwives, health visitors and G.Ps. Our aim is to provide help and support to all women during their pregnancy as well as families with children from birth to five years. We want to ensure that all parents feel confident and are able to provide the best opportunities for their children.
The Hillfields Integrated Team is made up of four core services –
- the Community Midwife Team
- Community Health Visitor Team
- Hillfields Children’s Centre Family Support Team
Community Midwife Team
The Midwives will visit you during your pregnancy and just after your baby is born.
These visits will take place at your doctor’s surgery, the Children’s Centre and at your family home.
They will give you advice on all aspects of your health and your baby’s development which could include: nutrition, smoking cessation, parent education classes, vaccinations in pregnancy, breast feeding and screening tests.
Community Health Visitor Team
The Health Visitors offer the following help and support:
- The health and well-being of your family, from ante natal visits up until your child goes to school.
- Advice on healthy choices e.g. breastfeeding, weaning and healthy eating.
- Work closely with Children’s Centres to promote family activities which help build a strong bond with your child.
- Offer development reviews to ensure your child is reaching their full potential.
- Promote the childhood immunisation programme which ensures your child is protected against disease and infection.
- Offer support and information to families with specific difficulties such as post natal depression.
- Offer advice and information on wider issues such as domestic abuse.
- Work in partnership with specialist services to support families with additional needs e.g. speech and language therapists.
- Support parents to feel confident in their parenting skills and to provide the best opportunities for their baby.
MAMTA- are a culturally sensitive language support service, working with health professionals to support women in pregnancy and after birth to have a healthy pregnancy.