Our vision for our work here at Hillfields is that we are able to support children, families and staff to achieve their dreams. The staff at Hillfields Nursery School and our partners come from a wide range of professional heritages and we aim to draw on their skills and particular knowledge to put together holistic packages of appropriate services for each family.
Our nursery school works with and for children and families. This is not about professionals taking over but a dialogue where we can provide help through partnership by sharing values and moving toward common goals.
What is our view of the child?
Each child is a unique individual who has the potential to grow. We believe that children are active, curious, intelligent and full members of society and it is our role to provide them with a caring, friendly, secure environment which is also challenging and stimulating where they can learn and grow in body, mind and spirit.
- Everyone at Hillfields has equal rights and responsibilities.
- To respect and be respected
- To listen and to be listened to
- To have a voice that is heard and to hear the voice of others
- To be loved and feel a sense of belonging and security so that in turn they can engage in positive relationships with others.
- To have the right to make informed choices
Everyone has the right to reach their full potential surrounded by people who believe in them and who recognise that there are no limits to what can be achieved.